Save on saturated fat next time you have your eyes set on grilling and
go meatless! Our Black Bean Burgers are packed with protein and fiber
to fill you up. We top them with a Greek yogurt mixture to add a little
kick to the dish! These burgers cook up in minutes and are the perfect
addition to your next cook-out!
1 small yellow onion, roughly chopped
1 clove garlic
1, 15 ounce can low-sodium black beans, drained and rinsed, divided
2 tablespoons fresh parsley
1 egg white
¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
¼ cup bread crumbs
½ cup plain, fat free Greek yogurt
Zest and juice of ½ lime
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
2 large (6 ½ inch across) whole-wheat pitas, halved
4 lettuce leaves
1 tomato, sliced
- Add onion and garlic to food processor or blender and pulse until finely
chopped. Add ½ black beans, parsley, egg white, red pepper flakes,
and black pepper. Pulse until combined.
- Transfer mixture to large mixing bowl and add in remaining whole black
beans and bread crumbs and mix until well combined. Form into 4 round patties.
- Heat outdoor grill or grill pan over medium-low heat and spray with cooking
spray. Cook black bean burgers for 10-12 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine Greek yogurt, zest and juice of ½
lime and cayenne pepper (if using).
- Serve black bean burgers in pita halves topped with lettuce, tomato slices
and Greek yogurt topping. Enjoy!
4 servings (1 burger per serving)
197 Calories; 1 g Fat (0 g Saturated Fat; 0 g Trans Fat); 1 mg Cholesterol;
290 mg Sodium; 35 g Carbohydrate (9 g Fiber, 4 g Sugar, 0 g Added Sugar);
13 g Protein; 6% Daily Value (DV) Vitamin A; 17% DV Vitamin C; 0% DV Vitamin
D; 10% DV Calcium; 18% DV Iron; 12% DV Potassium