||Clara Maass Medical Center Ranks In The Nation's Top Five Percent For Emergency Medicine Excellence
The Emergency Department at Clara Maass Medical Center cares for more than 70,000 patients each year. The Department is staffed 24-hours a day by a dedicated team of nurses, doctors and support staff, ready to provide immediate medical care in your emergency situations.
The state of the Emergency Department includes:
- 50 beds
- A state-of-the-art electronic medical record linked to a Health Information Exchange that instantly sees your old record and transmits your electronic record to your private doctor
- Mobile computers to provide instant access to a patient’s prior ED visits
- A rapid triage treatment area for minor illness and injuries
- Express care for rapid diagnostic evaluation
- Joint Commission Disease-Specific Certification for Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Mobile telemetry units for heart monitoring
- Rapid Diagnostic Unit for observation patients
- A Primary Stroke Center designated by the Joint Commission and the New Jersey Department of Health and Senior Services, for the early diagnosis, intervention and treatment of strokes.
- 24-hour full-service Laboratory Diagnostic Testing
- 24-hour full-service Radiology
- Support services include:
- Language Line Interpretation communication
- On-site Emergency Psychiatric Screening Services
- Poison Control affiliations
- All ED Physicians are Board Certified in Emergency Medicine
To reach the Clara Maass Medical Center Emergency Department, please call (973) 450.2100.
[ top ]