- Adult Brain Surgery
- Cerebral Vascular Surgery
- Neuro-Intensive Care
- Neuro-Oncology (including stereostatic brain biopsy, Radiation Oncology and CyberKnife technology)
- Pain Management
Offering State-of-the Art Technology and Facilities
The Jay and Linda Grunin Neuroscience Institute offers comprehensive care in specialized areas dedicated to the care of patients with a variety of neurologic conditions:
- Neuro-Interventional Suite with an integrated state-of-the-art biplane procedure room and pre-and post-procedural care areas
- Neuro-Intensive Care Unit
- Neuroscience Acute Care Inpatient Unit
- Operating Suites with specialized technology
- Radiation Oncology Department with a CyberKnife and highly sophisticated Rapid Arc Linear Accelerator
- Accredited as a Joint Commission and NJ Department of Health Stroke Center
The Neuroscience Institute at Community Medical Center
The Neuroscience Institute Complements Specialty Care
Video-EEG Unit and Neuro-Imaging Services
Led by board-certified neurologists specially trained and highly experienced in seizure and EEG interpretation, this unit provides Video-EEG testing. Neuro-imaging is offered by board-certified radiologists, including high-resolution MRI and PET whole-body imaging.
Centers for Sleep Disorders, Toms River and Manahawkin
Two centers, Toms River and Manahawkin, offer a full range of services to evaluate, diagnose and manage sleep-related disorders. Fully accredited by the Joint Commission, the Center for Sleep Disorders is the only facility in Ocean County accredited by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine.
Led by board-certified neurologists and board-certified neurodiagnostic technologists, the Neurophysiology Department is one of only two accredited labs in New Jersey credentialed by the American Board of Registration of Electroencephalographic and Evoked Potential, Inc.
Comprehensive Rehabilitation Program and Home Care Programs
Specially trained rehabilitation specialists and home care nurses provide outpatient care including Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, and Speech Therapy, and comprehensive home care services including a Stroke Recovery Program.
Elevating Our Services & the Care We Provide
Community Medical Center continually works to achieve the highest level of care for patients including:
- Achieving designation as a Comprehensive Stroke Center by the State of New Jersey Department of Health
- Formalizing a neuroscience partnership with Thomas Jefferson University Hospital to support the most critically ill neurology patients
- Featuring a telemedicine program with Thomas Jefferson University Hospital to offer access to some of the finest specialists and sophisticated technology available to help diagnose and manage complex neurology cases
- Establishing an Epilepsy Center and a Pediatric/ Adolescent Concussion Program
- Expanding comprehensive Parkinson's and Movement Disorder Center
- Conducting neuroscience research
- Increasing awareness of the importance of early intervention and care through targeting education and outreach to physicians, first responders/EMS and area residents