The Lighthouse is a free senior membership program designed to provide health related educational programming for persons over age 50. Among those services are lectures, screenings, support groups, insurance counseling, and a prescription discount program. Information and referral to various services and agencies that address the needs of older adults is also available. The Lighthouse is located at 591 Lakehurst Road in Toms River. For more information call 1-800-621-0096.
The Center for Diabetes Education at Community Medical Center offers education and support to people, of all ages, with diabetes and to those who care for and about them. Nurses and Dietitians , who are Certified Diabetes Educators, provide educational sessions to meet the needs of all those with diabetes. Education includes a Self Management Series, monthly Support Groups, a Support Group for Parents of Children with Diabetes, an Insulin Pump Support Group, Individual Education for diabetes management, Weight Management and Community Education. For more information, please call (732) 349-5757.
The Center for Kids and Family offers a wide array of programs for area families and children. Some of the Center’s special programs include:
• Home Alone: You’re in Charge, a Latch Key Program: This course educates children about safety and security when home alone covering basic safety tips, first aid, and fire safety.
• Parenting Program: Addressing the developmental stages, communication, discipline, self-esteem, and anger management.
• Safe Sitter Program: Medically-oriented child care instructional program (children 11 years and older) learn security and safety precautions, hands-on rescue breathing, Heimlich maneuver, how to handle emergencies, and more.
• Anger Management and Violence Prevention Program: Sessions identify and define violence, address anger and appropriate interventions.
• Support Groups: Mom’s Group, Eating Disorder Support, Kids and Divorce Support, and Bereavement for Children Support.
For more information or a listing of the Center for Kids and Family programs, click here or call 732-505-KIDS.
The Center for Women’s Health provides a complete range of educational, preventive, and support services for women of all ages. The services offered by the Center are:
• Wellness Programs: Seminars on various topics are covered in monthly programs.
• Physician Lectures: Programs are presented monthly on topics such as menopause, hormone replacement therapy, incontinence, cancer related issues, etc.
• Mailing List: Please call 732-341-1400 is you would like to be included on our mailing list.
The Center for Women’s Health is an essential part of Community Medical Center and is available for the women of our community. Lectures are conveniently scheduled for both day and evening hours for the convenience of our patrons. Offices are located at 591 Lakehurt Road in Toms River. For more information,
click here or to be included on our mailing list, please call
View the Community Medical Center Health Education Calendar, click here.
[ top ]