Pharmacy services at Community Medical Center (CMC) play an essential role in patient care, exceeding standards of care for both treatment and prevention of disease.
Pharmacists are responsible for ensuring the safe and effective use of the most appropriate medication for each patient at CMC. The pharmacy follows a decentralized approach to staffing, and pharmacists often spend their shifts working on the patient care units alongside nurses, physicians, and other healthcare professionals. Pharmacists have a strong presence in oncology, and in the emergency room.
Pharmacy technicians are an integral part of the team, and play a large role in medication preparation and distribution.
We place a strong emphasis on ensuring that pharmacy is recognized for its role and impact on patient care. We continuously monitor pharmacist interventions that influence patient outcomes. Examples of these interventions include warfarin monitoring, renal dosing, antibiotic stewardship, evaluating drug levels, monitoring blood chemistries, and patient counseling.
Pharmacy has a strong presence in many committees hospital-wide such as Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee, Infectious Disease Committee, Medication Safety Committee, and Patient Satisfaction Steering Committee, among others.
CMC offers a full array of healthcare technologies, including:
- Cerner® for electronic medical records and computerized physician order entry
- Pyxis automated dispensing systems
- Talyst Carousels for medication dispersal and inventory control
- Pharmacy OneSource® to flag patient care initiatives and document pharmacist interventions
- USP 797 clean room to compound intravenous medications
- Information systems management pharmacist on staff
[ top ]