Our Center is unique. It is a dedicated center within the hospital. Patients have their surgery Monday through Friday and typically return home after a three-night stay in the hospital.
Features of Joint Program include:
- Nurses, therapists, and nursing assistants who specialize in the care of joint patients
- Private rooms
- Emphasis on group activities as well as individual care
- Family and friends educated to participate as “coaches” in the recovery process
- The key member of the team is the patient's coach. The coach is a support person and can be a family member, friend or volunteer who makes the commitment to help the patient through surgery and rehabilitation.
- Group lunches with your coach and others in the program
- Your joint team who coordinates all preoperative care and discharge planning
- A comprehensive patient guide for you to follow from six weeks pre-op until three months post op and beyond.
- Coordinated after-care program
- Quarterly focus luncheons for former patient and coaches
- Newsletters to update you with new information about arthritis and joint care
- Public education seminars about hip and knee pain
The Joint Institute at Community Medical Center’s philosophy is built upon our dedication to deliver exceptional patient care, our strong belief in teamwork and our appreciation that each patient is unique. Our goal is to provide our patients and their families with the highest quality of care. We will accomplish this by challenging ourselves to go beyond the standards and continuously improve.
Our team of highly trained orthopedic surgeons perform progressive state-of-the art surgical techniques while utilizing the latest technologies available to provide our patients with optimal outcomes.
Our team of health care professionals commit to assuring patient safety in all aspects of their daily practice. Through our dedication, clinical excellence, commitment to patient satisfaction and education, we pledge safe and comprehensive care.
[ top ]