History

History of Jersey City Medical Center EMS Department

Timeline

1868 – Charity Hospital was Built in Jersey City

1882 – Jersey City Medical Center Moved to Montgomery and Baldwin

1883 – JCMC EMS Responded to 691 EMS Calls

Old Ambulance

1916 – JCMC EMS Responds to Black Tom Explosion

1919 – JCMC EMS begins utilizing Motorized Ambulances

1930 – JCMC EMS maintains a fleet of 11 ambulances and responds to a record 17,000 requests for aid

History of the JCMC EMS

1978 – JCMC EMS is one of the nine original paramedic projects in New Jersey

1996 – Achieved Accreditation by the State of New Jersey for the EMT training program

2003 – Partnered with Hudson County Community College to establish an Associate Degree program in Pre-Hospital Medicine: Paramedic Science

MC Bus WTC

2005 & 2007 – The American Heart Association Training Center successfully obtained American Heart Association accreditation in BLS, PALS, and ACLS

2006 – Implemented real time driver feedback system

2006 – Implemented nationally recognized System Status Management GPS Deployment Strategy

Historyof JCMC EMS

2007 – Designed the first in New Jersey
"HeartSafe and Emergency Ready Communities"

2007 – Implemented Electronic Scheduling

2008 – Created Operational Dashboard Reporting

2008 – Deployed MARVLIS system

2009 – Implemented electronic charting system

History of JCMC EMS

2009 – Began the process of certifying EMS Billing Employees through the National Academy of Ambulance Coding

2010 – Achieved Accreditation from the Commission on Accreditation of Ambulance Services (CAAS)

2010 – Achieved Accreditation by the Commission of Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP)

History of JCMC

2010 – Achieved Accredited Center of Excellence from the National Academy of Emergency Dispatch

2010 – Jersey City Medical Center EMS Department maintains a fleet of 35 emergency vehicles and responds to more than 90,000 incidents a year

[ top ]

95 Old Short Hills Road, West Orange, New Jersey 07052
PHONE: 1-888-724-7123