The depth and breadth of these operations, as well as the unprecedented degree to which Jersey City Medical Center EMS has achieved integration of the latest technology (and the quality improvements and economies of scale accompanying such integration) demonstrates our ability to manage complex health care delivery systems in a fiscally responsible manner, driven by our mission to enhance life, improve health and promote the safety of our community.
- LUCAS™ Devices – The LUCAS™ Chest Compression System is used to provide standardized, effective, and uninterrupted chest compressions. This allows the rescuers to focus on other life saving tasks. It also allows rescuers to be seated in the back of the ambulance during transport to the hospital providing for the safety of our crews.
- CarePoint™ EMS Telemetry Console – According the NJ EMS regulations, Advanced Life Support staff are required to have on-line medical command for every patient that they treat. The CarePoint™ Telemetry Console is located in the Jersey City Medical Center Emergency Department and functions as a workstation for paramedics to communicate with medical command physicians, either by phone or radio. This workstation can receive EKG’s from the field and allows for seamless patient transfer into the Emergency Department.
- LIFENET STEMI Management System – ST-segment Elevation Myocardial Infarctions (STEMI) that are recognized early can save lives. Our paramedic units carry cardiac monitors that can transmit 12-lead EKG’s to the Emergency Department Physicians. They can then forward the information to the cardiologists and activate the cardiac catheterization lab before the patient arrives at the hospital. The American College of Cardiology (ACC) and American Heart Association (AHA) recommend a 90-minute door-to-balloon time. Our ability to activate the system prior to patient arrival at the hospital reduces this time and can in turn improve outcomes.
- Firstwatch® – To further enhance services, Jersey City Medical Center EMS is utilizing FirstWatch®, a real-time, web-based, situational awareness, data surveillance and early-warning software system. FirstWatch® is a custom-tailored utility to monitor trends and patterns in 9-1-1 call center data that could indicate a possible incident of significance. FirstWatch® allows authorized users to securely monitor statistically significant occurrences in user-defined criteria – from a situational awareness, homeland security, public health or operational standpoint. FirstWatch® enables us to proactively monitor compliance rates, key performance indicators, profitability, quality assurance, operational measures & business activities – in real time – to mitigate threats before they emerge.
- Fleet Eyes – Fleet Eyes is a real-time web-based system that allows you to track vehicle locations. The system displays vehicle position, speed, direction of travel and status. Fleet Eyes draws data from our Computer Aided Dispatch system and shortens response time. The system has the ability to replay the activity of the entire fleet.
- Zoll Tablet ePCR – Zoll Tablet ePCR is a customized electronic patient care reporting system. The system allows us to collect data, improve reporting capabilities and improves access to patient information. There are several safety features built into the system to ensure that the patient privacy is protected.
- Road Safety – The system monitors and records unsafe vehicle operating parameters such as speeding and high g-forces caused by rapid accelerations, hard decelerations and high speed turns. The system provides an audible warning as the driver approaches an unsafe driving condition, allowing sufficient time for the driver to take corrective action and reduce the risk of a crash. The system creates database reports ranking driver performance. These reports encourage competition between groups of drivers to drive safely, without excessive vehicle forces. This interactive SafeForce™ training approach has proven to prevent crashes and drastically reduce fleet maintenance costs.
- In Motion Vehicle Gateways – All of our emergency vehicles have wireless broadband networking. Since so much of our technology relies on internet accessibility, In Motion Technology provides a safe and secure connection.
- Zoll Data Systems Crew Scheduler – The implementation of a web based scheduling program helped to boost crew satisfaction, reduced overtime costs, improve schedule compliance, and increase payroll accuracy. This endeavor had significant impact to both internal employee satisfaction and managements’ ability to provide payroll accountability. The system has broad reporting capabilities allowing us to monitor scheduling and payroll requirements.
- Fleet Pro – FleetPro is a vehicle maintenance database. FleetPro recognizes when vehicles are due for preventative maintenance. The system can reduce fleet repair costs and maintains both preventative and non-preventative maintenance records.
- MagIC 9-1-1 – Jersey City Medical Center EMS uses MagIC 9-1-1 Data Management Software to track and evaluate the HUDCEN 9-1-1 call taking center. MagIC tracks time on task for call takers for both emergent and non-emergent telephone use. It can provide statistics on every incoming call to communications center, including number of rings, time in queue, use of our Language Interpretation Line, and contacts with other agencies. This information provides us with an accurate snap shot of the work load of our communications staff and ensures the highest levels of efficiencies.
- Quality Assurance & Improvement – Jersey City Medical Center EMS has a Quality Assurance & Improvement program that far exceeds any required by regulation. Peers and supervisors initially review charts; they are then forwarded to a panel that includes Physicians, Nurses, Paramedics, EMTs and Senior Administration. Following these reviews the charts are returned to the practitioners so that they may learn from the comments and suggestions that are provided. Our Communications Division (HUDCEN) follows NAED guidelines and all call reviews are conducted by NAED certified EMD-Q’s.
[ top ]