PAPERS AND PUBLICATIONS
Residents and faculty members of Monmouth Medical Center are constantly engaged in the publication of researches, clinical reports, case reports, reference articles and review articles.
- Amor, M., Olaso, A., Atienza, R., Stueben, B., Cohen, S., Kossev, P. Adult T-Cell Leukemia-Lymphoma During Pregnancy. Case Reports in Oncological Medicine. Volume 2013, Article ID 631825.
- Agrawal, A., Modi, A., Alagusundaramoorthy, S., Ghali W. Chromothripsis: Basis of a Concurrent Unusual Association between Myelodysplastic Syndrome and Primary Ciliary Dyskinesia. Case Reports in Hematology. Volume 2014, Article ID 149878.
- Amor, M., Eltawansy, S., Osofsky, J., Holland, N. Recurrent Sinus Pauses: An Atypical Presentation of Temporal Lobe Epilepsy. Case Reports in Critical Care. Volume 2014, Article ID 918247.
- Agrawal A., Rao, M., Jasdanwala SA., Mathur, A., Eng M. Cephalexin Induced Cholestatic Jaundice. Case Reports in Gastrointestinal Medicine. Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 260743.
Agrawal, A., Razjouyan, H., Atluri, P., Patel, A., Eng, M. Isolated left upper extremity myositis and severe rhabdomyolysis in an adult with H1N1 Influenza, a case report with literature review. ID Cases.Volume 1, Issue 3, Pages 43–44, 2014.
- Agrawal, A., Jasdanwala, S., Agarwal, A., Eng, M. Fatal Waterhouse-Friderichsen syndrome due to Serotype C Neisseria meningitidis in a young HIV negative MSM (men who have sex with men). BMJ Case Rep. 2014 Sep 29.
- Shastri M, Kulkarni S, Patell R, Jasdanwala S. Portal vein Doppler: a tool for non-invasive prediction of esophageal varices in cirrhosis. J Clin Diagn Res. 2014 Jul;8(7):MC12-5.
- Patell R, Dosi R, Joshi H, Sheth S, Shah P, Jasdanwala S. Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease (NAFLD) in Obesity. J Clin Diagn Res. 2014 Jan;8(1):62-6.
- Zanni RL, Sembrano EU, Du DT, Marra B, Bantang R. The impact of re-education of airway clearance techniques (REACT) on adherence and pulmonary function in patients with cystic fibrosis. BMJ Qual Saf. 2014 Apr;23 Suppl 1:i50-5. doi: 10.1136/bmjqs-2013-002352.
Residents are highly encouraged to participate in national and regional professional meetings and conferences to present posters, case reports and researches. The most recent poster presentations of our medical residents are listed below:
- Sheta, M., Hwang, S., Hwang, M., Armour, F., Holland, N. TIA Evaluation – Is Hospitalization Really Necessary? American Heart Association / American Stroke Association – International Stroke Conference 2013.February 5-7, 2013. Honolulu, HI.
- Nachimuthu, N. Open Sesame: A Case Report of Nutcracker Esophagus. American College of Gastroenterology – Annual Conference. October 12-16, 2013. San Diego, CA.
- Amor, M., Chan, M., Atluri, P., Hamza, A., Sheta, M., Holland, N. Discharge Outcomes May Indicate Missed Opportunities For Thrombolysis In Patients With Acute Ischemic Stroke With Mild Or Rapidly Improving Symptoms: Findings From A Community-Based Stroke Center. Drexel University College of Medicine – Discovery Day 2013. October 3, 2013. Philadelphia, PA.
- Nachimuthu, N., Chan, M., Amor, M., Puma, A., Armour, F., Hwang, S., Holland, N. Development Of A Transient Ischemic Attack Outpatient Clinic To Reduce Admissions. Barnabas Health System Annual Quality Improvement Forum 2013. October 23, 2013. Holmdel, NJ.
- Nachimuthu, N., Chan, M., Amor, M., Puma, A., Armour, F., Hwang, S., Holland, N. Outpatient Evaluation of Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA) Patients. American Heart Association / American Stroke Association – International Stroke Conference 2014. February 11-14, 2014. San Diego, CA.
- Amor, M., Chan, M., Nachimuthu, N., Puma, A., Armour, F., Hwang, S., Holland, N. Outpatient Urgent Care for Transient Ischemic Attack Patients. New Jersey Stroke Conference 2014. April 3, 2014. New Brunswick, NJ.
- Tayal, R., Baran, D., Anna, M., Chu, C., Amor, M., Emporelli, A., Wu, G., Panfile, P., Haik, B., Burns, P., Wasty, N., Russo, M., Cohen, M. The Role of Right Sided Hemodynamic Parameters as Predictors of 30 Day Outcome After Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR): The Impact of Right Ventricular Stroke Work Index (RVSWI). Transcatheter Cardiovascular Therapeutics (TCT) 2014 Conference. September 13-17, 2014. Washington, DC.
- Amor, M., Chan, M., Nachimuthu, N., Puma, A., Armour, F., Hwang, S., Holland, N. Development Of A Transient Ischemic Attack Outpatient Clinic To Reduce Admissions. Drexel University College of Medicine – Discovery Day 2014.. October 2, 2014. Philadelphia, PA. (First Prize – Outstanding Clinical Resident/Fellow Research Poster)
- Amor, M., Eltawansy, S., Osofsky, J., Holland, N. Recurrent Sinus Pauses: An Atypical Presentation of Temporal Lobe Epilepsy. Drexel University College of Medicine – Discovery Day 2014. October 2, 2014. Philadelphia, PA.
[ top ]