All medical residents at Monmouth Medical Center are entitled to benefit
and insurance programs.
- Monmouth Medical Center runs on an every-other-week payroll schedule. Approximate
salaries by PGY level are as follows:
PGY – 1 = $49,809
PGY – 2 = $52,723
PGY – 3 = $55,727
HEALTH AND DENTAL BENEFITS
- Our system provides comprehensive coverage that includes doctor’s
office visits, laboratory tests, hospitalization, dental, prenatal and
well-baby care, vision care, immunizations, diagnostic tests, and preventive
and wellness care. Services are provided by your primary care physician
and other preferred providers, almost entirely without the need for referral forms.
- Monmouth Medical Center offers two types of dental plans, both of which
provide employees and eligible dependents with coverage for preventive,
basic and major dental services.
PAID TIME OFF
- Residents are eligible for four weeks of vacation, eight holidays and 4
days of sick time per year.
- free lab coats and scrub suits
- monthly meal-card allowances
- on-call rooms
- resident’s lounge
- free parking spaces
- gym access at the Cardiac Rehabilitation Center
HOUSING AND MOVING EXPENSES
- Monmouth Medical Center does not provide free housing for medical residents.
Subsidized housing, however, is available at the Borden Apartment Complex
adjacent to the hospital.
Monmouth Medical Center does
not provide moving-in expenses.
- Residents are covered for professional liability and are given access to
additional life insurance and/or disability insurance for all activities
that are part of the residency program.
COUNSELING AND SUPPORT SERVICES
- Monmouth Medical Center offers confidential psychiatric counseling and
psychological support services, as well as personal and career counseling.
- Residents and immediate family members also can seek counseling through
the hospital’s employee assistance program.
- The Medical Society of New Jersey extends its full range of services, including
drug and alcohol evaluation and litigation stress support groups, at no
charge to all resident physicians in the state.
DISCOUNTS AND REWARDS
Employees enjoy various discounts and rewards throughout the duration of
their contract. Among these are:
Technology Discounts. Through the Barnabas employee discount, residents gain substantial savings
for telecommunication expenses (AT&T, Verizon, Sprint) and technology
purchases (Apple Store and much more).
Retail Benefits. Discounts are available to various retailers via The Bridge. Employess
can get the best offer from the retailer, PLUS cash back – both
for the employee and the Foundation.