All applications are accepted and processed through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). We offer all of our 13 categorical positions via the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP) match. We do NOT offer preliminary or transitional year positions. We do NOT offer prematch positions. We do NOT participate in the couples match. Our application deadline is October 31.
Monmouth Medical Center sponsors J-1 visas only. We do NOT offer H-1 visas.
- Graduation from Medical School can be no greater than 7 years.
- Preferred USMLE scores are 225 and above on the first attempt on ALL steps
- A transcript of USMLE scores must be provided. Pass/fail notations are not sufficient.
- COMLEX scores – For D.O.’s ONLY – are accepted in place of USMLE scores
- International medical graduates are definitely welcome to apply.
- International medical graduates must supply proof of permanent residency (green card)/working papers (employment authorization document) if not applying for J-1 visa.
- International medical graduates must be ECFMG-certified to be considered for interviews.
- English must be clear and fluent in both written and spoken forms.
Selection for interview is based on a number of factors, including academic and clinical performance, particularly in medicine rotations, and letters of recommendation. At Monmouth Medical Center, your application is considered in its entirety to gauge eligibility for interviews.
[ top ]