Medical Physicists and Dosimetrists
In addition to working directly with radiation oncologists in developing treatment plans, medical physicists and dosimetrists are responsible for establishing and directing quality control programs for equipment and procedures. To contact chief medical physicist Jack Yang, Ph.D., call 732-923-6894.
Jack Yang, Ph.D., Chief Physicist
1998-present: Chief medical physicist at Monmouth Medical Center
1998-1997: Chief medical physicist for the Department of Radiation Oncology at Hackensack University Medical Center, Hackensack, N.J.
1996-1997: Assistant professor in the Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Miami, Fla.
- Bachelor of science degree in nuclear engineering from National Tsing Hua University, Taiwan
- Master of science degree in medical physics in the Department of Nuclear Engineering at the University of Missouri, Columbia, Mo.
- Doctorate in medical physics in the Department of Nuclear Engineering Sciences at University of Florida
- Board certified by the American Board of Radiology
- Implementation of Intensity modulated radiation therapy (IMRT) programs
Awards, publications, abstracts and presentations
- Gallo Award for Outstanding Cancer Research for 2000, 2001, 2002, 2004 from The Cancer Institute of New Jersey
- International Journal of Radiation Oncology •Biology•Physics, Radiology and Medical Physics
- Clinical work showcased before the American Association of Physicists in Medicine, and American Society for Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology, European Society of Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology and a host of other major professional radiation oncology meetings on a national and international level.
- Served as co-organizer of Monmouth Medical Center’s annual Community Hospital IMRT Symposium and Workshop for 2000, 2001, 2005, 2003 and 2005