Benefits of MAKOplasty
Minimally Invasive Partial Knee Resurfacing
The MAKOplasty® partial knee resurfacing procedure is an innovative treatment option for patients who suffer from early to mid-stage osteoarthritis of the knee. This minimally invasive technique enables surgeons to develop a customized pre-surgical plan based on a computed tomography (CT) scan of your knee. Through a small incision, surgeons use the surgical robot to precisely resurface the diseased portion of the knee only, sparing healthy bone and tissue and achieving a more natural feeling knee.
Patient Benefits of Robotic Partial Knee Resurfacing
- Shorter hospital stay
- Faster recovery and quicker return to normal activities
- Preservation of healthy bone, tissue and ligaments
- A more natural feeling knee
Robotic-Assisted Hip Replacement
Hip replacement, also known as total hip arthroplasty, using the MAKOplasty® surgical robot is an innovative treatment option for adults living with degenerative hip joint disease. It provides a customized surgical experience tailored to the patient's specific hip characteristics. Using the surgical robot and computed tomography (CT) scans, the surgeon can precisely position the implant for optimum results.
Patient Benefits of Robotic-Assisted Hip Replacement
- More accurate implant positioning for a more natural feeling hip
- Improved safety and reduced risk of injury to adjacent tissues
- Small incisions
- Potential for better long-term function
[ top ]