The Diabetes Center at Newark Beth Israel Medical Center
Diabetes Services at Newark Beth Israel Medical Center provides outpatient
education, group and individual, and support for people with diabetes.
Our programs, led by a registered dietician, cover topics of nutrition,
medications, stress management and prevention of diabetes problems. The
Center also offers a support group for people with diabetes and various
community enrichment programs.
Individual and group education for those in the community covering the
Basics of Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes
- Medication management
- Blood sugar monitoring
- Healthy eating and nutrition basics
- Meal planning, shopping and cooking tips
- Carbohydrate counting
- Preventing complications
- Hypertension and cholesterol
- Insulin pump and glucose sensor training
- Exercise and stress management
- Diabetes during pregnancy (gestational diabetes)
To register or for more information about Diabetes Education, please call
Julie Jaskiewicz, RD, CDE at (973) 926-3218.
Learn more about: