Presentation by Jean Watson PhD, RN, AHN-BC, FAAN, Distinguished Professor
and Dean Emerita, Watson Caring Science Institute at Clara Maass Medical
Center. Left to right: Donna Vega MSN, RN, Roxana Gonzalez MSN, RN, CCRN,
Jean Watson, Lea Rodriguez MAS, RN, CNO, CMMC, Ronnie Castro MSN, RN,
Jillian Pizzi BA, BSN, RN, Rennuel Razal BSN, RN
Nursing Research conducted at our affiliate health care centers continues
to improve the care and treatment of our patients. Establishing evidence-based
practice research/programs provide a foundation for advancing nursing
practice to a higher level of professionalism.
Our Nursing Research Council, comprised of members from various nurse specialties, nurse levels, and
academia is committed to promoting, empowering, educating and mentoring
the staff in the value of research and evidence-based practice.
Left to right: Donna Feinblum RNC-LRN & Diana De Guzman RNC-LRN, CMMC
“The Influence of journaling on caring connections between mothers
and newborns separated during a hospital stay,” was presented at
the New Jersey Organization of Nurse Executives on 6/14/13.
Nursing Research Council Membership:
- R. Gonzalez, MSN, RN, CCRN, Critical Care Nurse Educator, CMMC – Chair
- M. Cueman, Ph.D, RN, Associate Professor, Felician College
- C. Filippone, DNP, ANP, RN, CIC, Director of Epidemiology and Infection
- J. Jaeger, DrPH, Associate VP Research, Associate VP Academic Affairs, MMC
- S. Hernandez, MSN, RN, AVP Nursing Education, NBIMC
- C. Huebner, BSN, RN, CHPN, Clinical Data Manager, Hospice and Palliative Care
- A. Macaluso, MSN, APRN-BC, Director of Psychiatric Education, Behavioral Health
- P. Marcelle, MSN, RN, CCRN, Clinical Educator, MMC
- M. Russell, Ph.D, RN, Director of Nursing Education and Research, SBMC
and Vice President Clinical Education & Nursing Research
- D. Vega, MSN, RN, Director of Education, CMMC
- L. Wright-Brown, MSN, RN-BC, Education Manager, SBMC
- J. Urbanowicz, RN, Ph.D, Regional Director of Education, MMCSC, MMC
- To continually improve the quality of nursing care in the practice setting
within our system through evidence-based practice, research and scholarly activity.
Ronnie Castro, Jillian Pizzi, Debbie Golaszewski, Carole Gaudet, Roxana
Gonzalez, Arlene Mangino, Clara Maass Medical Center Research Presentation
at Seton Hall, 2011
The Council also sponsors a Nursing Research Conference in which our nurses
learn more about nursing research through continuing education topics.
They also demonstrate via poster presentation the application of current
research in their practice environment.
2011 New Jersey State Nurses Convention: MMCSC Behavioral Health: Research
with Anne Macaluso, MSN, APRN-BC and Katie Cowles, BSN, RN
Mary Ann Kaufmann presenting her Research at the Organization of Nurse
Executives. (MMCSC), 2011