Nursing Research & Evidence Based Practice Council
- Support the integration of research into practice
- Foster staff members knowledge and skills in Research (i.e. Research Fairs, In-services, Symposium, journal clubs)
- Promote evidence based practice in Nursing
- Publish nursing research findings
- Establish a process by which nursing research projects may be designed and conducted at JCMC for the purpose of:
- Enhancing the professional practice of nursing
- Improving patient care interventions and/or outcomes of care
- Utilizing research as a strategy for developing evidence-based practice and practice standards
- Developing collaborative and interdisciplinary research to improving patient care
- Approve all studies involving nursing as investigators, participants or subjects at JCMC
- Provide a forum for the presentation of research/projects
- Assist the nurse in preparing for presentation to the IRB
- Resource for Peers
- Integration of research and evidence-based practice into clinical and operational processes.
Our vision at Jersey City Medical Center is to support clinical and basic research using a scientific basis for the care of individuals across illness and recovery.
- To promote healthy lifestyles, quality of life, and care for individuals at the end of life using evidence based model.
Nursing Research EBP Model
- The Iowa Model of Evidence-Based Practice to promote Quality Care
Nursing Research Council Members
1st Row (from left to Right): Claudia Garzon-Rivera, MSN, RN, CNL, CCRN Mabel LaForgia MSN, RN, CNL, CCRN Cynthia Walden RN Nicole Sardinas, MSN, RN, CCRN Ebony Samuel, MSN, RN
2nd Row (from left to Right): Yvette Bryant, MSN, RN Lauren OMalley, BSN, RN Maria S. Evangelista, BSN, RN Isabel Pitao, BSN, RN, CNN Rossana Vales, MSN, RN Leggie Lim, BSN, RN Kyung Suk Kim, BSN, RN Renee Vales, BSN, RN Cheryl Jaron, BSN, RN