The Vascular Center maintains three vascular centers fully accredited by
the Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Vascular Laboratories (ICAVL).
The following studies are performed at one or more of our Vascular Labs:
- Carotid duplex examination
- Venous duplex for upper and lower extremities
- Upper and lower arterial plethysmographic studies for peripheral arterial disease
- Peripheral bypass graft evaluation
- Arterio-venous graft / fistula evaluation
- Venous mapping (pre-coronary artery bypass graft, peripheral bypass and
arteriovenous fistula (AVF)
- Arterial duplex examination of upper and lower extremities
- Abdominal vessel duplex examination including aortic, iliac, renal and
- Arterial duplex study for pseudoaneurysm diagnosis
- Venous reflux evaluation
Interventional and Surgical Suites
These state-of-the-art facilities provide access to the most sophisticated
invasive and non-invasive treatments including:
- carotid artery stenting
- minimally invasive management of PAD
- endovascular stenting of thoracic, abdominal and peripheral aneurysms
Designed specifically to care for individuals with chronic wounds that
are difficult to heal, the Center specializes in treating diabetic ulcers
and wounds associated with poor circulation.
Pressurized oxygen treatments provided with a hyperbaric chamber increase
the body’s natural ability to heal itself and may be beneficial
for individuals with severe peripheral vascular disease.
Bloodless Medicine and Surgery Program
The program at Newark Beth Israel Medical Center was designed to accommodate
patients’ individual needs and preferences with clinically appropriate,
safe, bloodless procedures and alternatives.