Born and raised in northern New Jersey, Dr. Joseph A. Racanelli has built
an exemplary reputation as a top-notch plastic and reconstructive surgeon
in NJ. Dr. Racanelli attended high school at the prestigious Delbarton
School, prior to receiving his undergraduate degree from Boston College.
He earned his medical degree from the Lake Erie College of Osteopathic
Medicine, and completed his general surgery residency at Wyckoff Heights
Medical Center in Brooklyn, NY, an affiliate of the Weill Cornell Medical College.
During his general surgery residency, he trained extensively at The Memorial
Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, The New York Presbyterian Hospital-Weill
Cornell Medical Center, and in The North Shore Long Island Jewish Health
System. Dr. Racanelli completed a postgraduate fellowship in plastic and
reconstructive surgery at the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine,
one of only a few osteopathic plastic and reconstructive surgery fellowships
in the world. Training alongside many internationally recognized plastic,
reconstructive, and cosmetic surgeons, Dr. Racanelli received the latest
training in all aspects of plastic and reconstructive surgery.
In addition to his clinical appointments, Dr. Racanelli maintains memberships
in several professional societies, including:
- Board-certified by the American Osteopathic Board of Surgery
- Fellow of the American College of Osteopathic Surgery
- Chief of Plastic Surgery at Clara Maass Medical Center Barnabas Health
- Wound care Director at Select Speciality Hospital – Rochelle Park NJ
- Wound care Director at Columbus Hospital – LTACH
- American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery
- American Osteopathic Association
- American College of Osteopathic Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- Medical Society of the state of New York
- NJ Association of Osteopathic Physicians and Surgeons.
Dr. Racanelli has been voted by New Jersey Monthly Magazine as one of New
Jersey’s Top Doctors in plastic and reconstructive surgery. Providing
a wide range of cosmetic and reconstructive procedures from injectable
fillers, abdominoplasty (tummy tuck), breast augmentation, and liposuction.
Dr. Racanelli has gained recognition throughout the tri-state area for
his outstanding surgical skill, excellent bedside manner, and the individualized
attention he gives to every patient.