Monmouth Medical Center, Southern Campus Foundation recently approved over $1 million in funding to upgrade several pieces of technology in its effort to continue to expand patient access to state-of-the-art programs and services.
"The purchase of this equipment was made possible by generous donations from individuals and businesses," said James Maida, Chairman of the Foundation, Monmouth Medical Center, Southern Campus. "This is a wonderful opportunity to fulfill our promise to our patients, our staff, the community and all the donors who provided support to the Monmouth Medical Center, Southern Campus Foundation over the years, as these funds will help equip our hospital to continue meeting the needs of the families we serve."
The funding will support the purchase of several pieces of equipment throughout the hospital, including:
- A 3D echocardiography machine, which provides physicians with a detailed anatomical assessment of a patient's cardiac pathology, including the ability to view the virtual heart in infinite planes and to reconstruct three-dimensional images of its anatomic structures.
- VersaCare® beds, which will outfit the hospital's new Acute Care for the Elders (ACE) Unit. The beds support patient safety, mobilization and skin care for hospitalized adults over age 65 within the unit, which is being designed as an 18-bed special care model to improve clinical outcomes for older patients and prevent functional decline and other complications.
- Bone Densitometry by DEXA, offering patients with efficient, safe and comfortable experience while undergoing minimal radiation. This system is a major breakthrough in the diagnosis and treatment of osteoporosis and has become the gold standard for diagnosis and monitoring of therapy.
- A GE Optima 660 CT machine that will allow radiologists to perform CT studies with minimal radiation dose exposure while delivering improved image quality.
- A GE Optima 200 portable X-ray machine that will provide patients with access to updated imaging services.
"The purchase of new technology to support several areas of patient service puts Monmouth Medical Center, Southern Campus in a unique position to provide our medical team with an array of state-of-the-art tools to serve our patients' needs," said Todd Phillips, M.D., Chief Medical Officer, Monmouth Medical Center, Southern Campus. "We're grateful for the generosity of this community and the leadership of our foundation for helping us to continue providing the best care to those we serve."
For more information, call 732-886-4438 or visit barnabashealth.org/Monmouth-Medical-Center-Southern-Campus.
About Monmouth Medical Center, Southern Campus:
Monmouth Medical Center, Southern Campus is an acute-care community hospital located in Lakewood, Ocean County. A Barnabas Health facility, Monmouth Medical Center, Southern Campus merged with Monmouth Medical Center, a teaching hospital located in Long Branch, Monmouth County, in 2014. The hospitals are dedicated to improving the health and well being of the communities they proudly serve through expanded access to specialty outpatient services that focus on preventive medicine and healthy living. The partnership has also expanded patients' access to geriatric and pediatric emergency services, as well as outpatient neurology, oncology and geriatric services. Monmouth Medical Center, Southern Campus is in the process of converting to all private rooms, which will make it the only provider in the region with all private rooms for overnight stays. For more information about Monmouth Medical Center, Southern Campus, visit www.barnabashealth.org.