For adult and pediatric patients who are not critically ill or injured, Fast Track enables quick diagnosis, treatment and release for simple sprains, breaks, sports-related injuries and stitches. The Fast Track offers an area for people who have urgent but non-life threatening conditions to be treated and released more quickly. The area includes twelve patient areas, dedicated rooms for suturing and a private waiting area.
The Fast Track treats over 18,000 people each year. The top four reasons for these visits are hand/finger injury due to laceration, sports injuries, falls and low back pain. The Fast Track offers the community a number of benefits including:
- Access to Saint Barnabas Medical Center physicians and
- Access to the Emergency Department if the urgent need becomes emergent
- Rapid assessment and treatment to get you home faster
- On-site radiology and laboratory testing
- Collaboration with Matthew J. Morahan, III, Health Assessment Center for Athletes and Im-Pact Concussion Screening Program at the Saint Barnabas Ambulatory Care Center
The Fast Track is open daily from 7:00 am-12:00 midnight.
For more information, please call 973-322-5180.
[ top ]