About The Gastrointestinal Cancer Center of New Jersey
The Gastrointestinal Cancer Center of New Jersey offers expert, state-of-the-art care for the simplest to the most complex oncology problems. Designed specifically to meld into a multidisciplinary care plan combining medicine, surgery with radiation therapy and chemotherapy as necessary, our expert physicians emphasize patient-centered, compassionate, and holistic care.
Uniquely, the Gastrointestinal Cancer Center of New Jersey possesses physician expertise in the management of upper and lower gastrointestinal tract tumors (esophagus, stomach, pancreas, bile duct, appendiceal, gallbladder, small and large intestine, liver, colon and rectum), soft tissue sarcomas, melanoma, and endocrine tumors. Our physicians are among the most accomplished and highly trained in the region and make every effort to apply minimally invasive/laparoscopic techniques whenever feasible. Specific therapies offered include
- Selective Internal Radiation Therapy (SIRT) for inoperable liver cancer
- Complex liver, pancreatic and biliary surgery for both malignant and benign disease
- Biliary reconstruction for malignancy, benign stricture, or following bile duct injury
- Laparoscopic liver, pancreatic, gastric, small bowel, colorectal and adrenal surgery
- Advanced robotic surgical procedures
- Microwave, radiofrequency and cryoablative therapy
- Radiofrequency ablation of liver tumors
- Insertion of hepatic arterial pump surgery.
- Continuous intraperitoneal chemotheraphy options
- Heated intraperitoneal chemotherapy for advanced tumors confined to the peritoneal cavity
- Yttrium microsphere therapy for unresctable colorectal metastases
For more information about the Cancer Surgery Services or the Gastrointestinal Cancer Center of New Jersey at Saint Barnabas, please call (973) 322-9797.
[ top ]