256 Slice GE Revolution CT Scanner
Saint Barnabas Medical Center is the first hospital in New Jersey to offer
the 256 Slice General Electric(GE) Revolution CT Scanner. As a comprehensive
stroke center, this advanced technology is located in SBMC’s Emergency
Department supporting the rapid diagnosis and treatment of patients experiencing
symptoms of stroke. The 256 Slice CT Scanner provides faster and more
efficient scanning while delivering the lowest possible dose of radiation.
It can scan an entire organ in less than 1 second reducing the time an
individual has to hold their breath. Saint Barnabas Medical Center is
a national Showcase Location for this technology.
Saint Barnabas Medical Center’s Revolution 256 Slice CT is truly
advanced in so many ways.
• It is extremely fast and efficient scanning whole body images within
seconds greatly reducing the time of the scan and imaging the entire heart
in one heartbeat.
• Radiation exposure is the lowest possible while acquiring superior
images that provide accurate diagnoses.
• The innovative design and engineering make it significantly quieter
than any other CT.
• It can comfortably accommodate individuals up to 675 pounds.
The 256 Slice GE Revolution CT delivers high definition imaging across
the entire body and provides:
• Cardiac exams in a single heartbeat without beta blockers
• TAVR planning
• Brain perfusion and angiography for stroke
• Whole brain imaging in less than a second
• Detailed bone imaging, even for patients with metal implants
• Pulmonary embolism studies