Burn Center Visiting Hours
For patient comfort and safety, only 2 visitors may be present in a patient’s room at a time.
Children should not be left unsupervised while visiting a patient in either the Burn Intensive Care Unit or the Burn Step Down Unit.
Mylar balloons (NOT latex) are allowed in both units.
Infection is very dangerous for a burn patient because the loss of skin removes the natural protection from contamination. ALL visitors must follow certain rules for out patients’ protection.
- Do not visit if you are ill
- Wash your hands before and after visiting
- Protective garb must be worn when visiting patients in the Burn Intensive Care Unit. Instructions along with gowns, gloves and masks are available in the unit.
Burn Intensive Care Unit - 2100
Immediate family (12 years of age or older) may visit adult
patients only from 12:30 p.m. to 6 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. to
Only family members may visit pediatric patients
from 12:30 p.m. to 6 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Flowers and plants are not permitted in the Burn Intensive Care Unit.
- Visitors should use call button outside Burn Intensive Care Unit prior to entering.
Burn Step-Down Unit - 2100
11:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. One parent may stay at the
child’s bedside. Children under age 12 may not be left
unattended and must be accompanied by an adult.
[ top ]