At RWJBarnabas Health, we recognize that cancer can be overwhelming and
patients can benefit from social support. Each of our facilities can offer
patients help finding cancer support groups to benefit them. Here are
a few of the groups that we offer.
Clara Maass Medical Center
- Breast Cancer Support Group - a regular support group for women with breast
cancer, whether you are newly diagnosed or a breast cancer survivor, call
- Drop-In Bereavement Group - for individuals who have experienced the loss
of a loved one, the group provides a safe place for people to feel understood
and supported through a difficult time, call (973) 450-2332.
Community Medical Center
CMC offers several support groups for cancer patients and survivors.
- Breast Cancer Support Group, call (732) 557-8000 ext. 11303.
- Colorectal Support Group, Leukemia and Lymphoma Support Group, The Nu-Voice
Support Group (Laryngectomy Support), and the Support Group for People
with Head and Neck Cancer, call (732) 557-8270.
- The Lighthouse hosts education and support programs for both oncology patients
and their families, including the Coping with Cancer Support Group and
the Prostate Cancer Support Group, call (800) 621-0096 for more information.
- The Center for Kids & Families provides various lectures focused on
cancer patients and their families, call (732) 505.KIDS for more information.
Monmouth Medical Center
- MMC offers individual, family, and support group sessions for patients
with breast cancer, colon cancer, and prostate cancer. Call (732) 923-6900.
- MMC collaborates with community agencies and programs to offer additional
support and informative programs. Call (732) 923-6900.
Newark Beth Israel Medical Center
- NBIMC offers support groups led by social workers, call (973) 926-7230.
- Affiliate programs are also available, including Beautiful You and Happiness,
call (973) 926-7230.
Saint Barnabas Medical Center
- Art Therapy is a program designed to allow patients to express themselves
creatively, develop new skills, and find new ways of coping. Call (973) 322-2668.
- Beyond Primary Breast Cancer is a group dedicated to support when cancer
returns or spreads. Call (973) 322-2668.
- Beyond Primary Cancer is a support group to help patients deal with returning
or spreading cancers. Call (973) 322-2668.
- Primary Breast Cancer Support Group is designed for women who have been
diagnosed with primary breast cancer. Call (973) 322-2668.
- Us Too Prostate Cancer Support Group is a program for men with prostate
cancer and their families. Call (973) 322-2668.