The full spectrum of diagnostic and therapeutic cardiac procedures is performed at our invasive cardiovascular laboratories. These procedures include:
- cardiac catheterization
- balloon angioplasty
- coronary stenting
- electrophysiology studies
- arrhythmia ablations
- defibrillator and pacemaker insertions and extractions including biventricular pacemakers.
One of the fifteen suites is dedicated to pediatric catheterization procedures.
The Invasive Laboratories and the state-of-the-art Pacemaker and Defibrillator Evaluation Center at Newark Beth Israel Medical Center are the largest such facilities in the State of New Jersey. State-of-the-art multi-disciplinary interventional suites provide the most advanced environment for performing a new wave of cardiac and vascular procedures. Sophisticated invasive treatments including:
- carotid artery stenting
- endovascular stenting of thoracic, abdominal and peripheral aneurysms
- minimally invasive management of PAD
- transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR)
- stented pulmonary valve implantation
[ top ]