Second Opinion Program
When diagnosed with a serious cardiovascular health issue, it is important
to be sure you fully understand your condition and all available treatment
options. Getting a second opinion can provide peace of mind and confidence
that you have been diagnosed appropriately and understand of all your
At our Heart Centers, we provide confidential patient-to-doctor consultations
to help patients make the best choice for their care.
With a second opinion, individuals will benefit from a face-to-face meeting
with a cardiovascular specialist to discuss the prescribed treatment method
and learn about potential alternatives offered at RWJBarnabas Health.
To speed up the appointment process, please gather the following information:
- Your contact information including home address, email address, and phone
numbers (home, cell, work)
- Current diagnosis information and information on any treatment you’ve
- Your referring physician's information including name, address, and
- Your primary care physician’s information (if it’s different
from your referring physician or specialist's information) including
name, address, and phone number
- The name, address, and phone number of any specialist you’ve seen
(if that specialist is different from either your primary care physician
or referring physician)
- Your health insurance information including name on the policy, employer
of policy holder, policy number, birth date of policy holder, insurance
subscriber ID and your insurance company’s customer service/provider
inquiry phone number
- Your Social Security number and date of birth
RWJBarnabas Health physicians recognize that your primary physicians play
a vital role in your decision making process. At your request, our physicians
will make it a priority to promptly communicate their findings and treatment
recommendations to your primary doctor. We appreciate the opportunity
to collaborate with you in your care.
Call us at
request an appointment.
Someone will return your call within 24 hours. We are committed to scheduling
your consultation within 5 working days of your call.
Please provide as much information as you can about your diagnosis, previous
diagnostic testing, and treatment. You will be scheduled with the specialist
who can best address your condition.