At Monmouth Medical Center
Monmouth Medical Center
A Regional Leader in Cardiac Excellence
Monmouth Medical Center has earned a host of impressive national accreditations
and rankings that attest to the hospital’s commitment to cardiac
excellence. These accomplishments, which are evidence that Monmouth is
dedicated to providing evidenced-based cardiology care to patients in
a safe environment, include:
- The first hospital in the region to receive full accreditation from the
Society of Chest Pain Centers. Today, Monmouth Medical Center holds Level
III certification as a Chest Pain Center — signifying that the hospital
has achieved a higher level of expertise in dealing with patients who
arrive with symptoms of a heart attack.
- Joint Commission Disease Specific Certification for Heart Attack, Acute
Coronary Syndrome and Advanced Heart Failure.
- Among only 12 New Jersey hospitals and only 405 hospitals throughout the
United States named among the ‘Top Performers on Key Quality Measures’
by the Joint Commission for providing improved care for certain conditions,
including heart attack and heart failure.
- Get With The Guidelines®– Heart Failure Gold Quality Achievement
Award from the American Heart Association —recognition that signifies
the hospital has reached an aggressive goal of treating heart failure
patients with compliance to core standard levels of care outlined by the
American Heart Association/American College of Cardiology secondary prevention
guidelines for heart failure patients.
- The Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI) selected Monmouth among
just 14 U.S. hospitals for its Mentor Hospital Registry for Heart Failure.
Monmouth was the only New Jersey hospital tapped for this volunteer initiative
to provide support, advice, clinical expertise, and guidance to hospitals
seeking help with their health care improvement efforts.
- Accreditation through a voluntary program of the Intersocietal Commission
for the Accreditation of Echocardiography Laboratories (ICAEL) —
a national organization that commended Monmouth's Cardiac Laboratory
for demonstrating a pursuit of excellence in the field of echocardiography.
- Monmouth’s cardiopulmonary rehabilitation program is the first program
in Monmouth County to be certified for both cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation
by the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation (AACVPR).
Download the Cardiac Achievements Flyer (PDF)