Child Life Services
Child Life Department (732) 923-6525
The Child Life Department is comprised of a group of Child Life Specialists
whom promote family-centered healthcare for patients and their families.
The staff helps children, teens, and family members through healthcare
experiences using therapeutic activities and interventions. Preparation
for medical procedures and emotional support through diagnosis and treatment
are also offered to the Pediatric patients throughout the hospital.
Our services include:
- Psychological preparation for medical procedures & surgeries
- Support & coping techniques for medical procedures & tests
- Developmentally age-appropriate activities in the playrooms, bedside and
outpatient treatment areas.
- Day stay surgery tour & video
- Sibling preparation for visits to the PICU
- Celebrations of special events (birthdays, holidays, & entertainment
- Stay Smart University school program
- Pet therapy
- Support and preparation for children whose parents/loved ones are critical
or newly diagnosed with a life-threatening illness. (referrals only)
- School-reentry program
For more information please contact Child Life Services at