The Division of Pulmonary Medicine provides a comprehensive program for evaluation and treatment of infants, children and adolescents with acute and chronic respiratory conditions including asthma, cystic fibrosis, obstructive sleep apnea, congenital abnormalities, pneumonia and tuberculosis. The division provides:
- An emphasis on patient education to help children manage their condition
- A comprehensive asthma program
- State-of-the-art diagnostic equipment for children of all sizes
- Access to a pediatric nurse practitioner, dietitian, physical and respiratory therapists
- Special care for technology-dependent children
Providing comprehensive evaluation and treatment for infants, children and adolescents with acute and chronic respiratory conditions, the pulmonary medicine team works within one of the state’s few pediatric pulmonary function labs. A comprehensive asthma program, treatment for sleep disorders by a board-certified pediatric sleep specialist; and access to a pediatric nurse practitioner, dietitian, physical and respiratory therapists, are among the services offered.