Our Spine Institute at Community Medical Center is unique and is a dedicated center within the hospital. Patients have their surgery Monday through Friday and typically return home with in 24 hours. There are some patients who require an overnight stay. Your physician will decide what is best for you.
- Nurses, therapists, and nursing assistants who specialize in the care of spine surgery patients
- Family and friends educated to participate as “coaches” in the recovery process
- The key member of the team is the patient's coach. The coach is a support person and can be a family member, friend or volunteer who makes the commitment to help the patient through surgery and rehabilitation.
- Your Spine Team who coordinates all preoperative care and discharge planning
- A comprehensive patient guide for you to follow from six weeks pre-op until three months post op and beyond.
- Coordinated after-care program
- Quarterly focus luncheons for former patient and coaches
- Newsletters to update you with new information about arthritis and joint care
[ medical services index ] [ top ]