Superheroes for Hospice
There are several ways to support Superheroes for Hospice:
- Saturday, November 9, 2013
10am to 6pm
Barnabas Health Corporate Office
95 Old Short Hills Rd., West Orange, NJ 07052
Directly across the street from Saint Barnabas Medical Center (Not the Atkins Kent Building)
All proceeds will benefit patients and families served by the Barnabas Health Hospice and Palliative Care Center
- Thousands of comic books will be on sale including books for children and adults, as well as graphic novels
- Free Getting Into Comics lecture series
- Guest vendors with comics from the 50’s, 60’s and 70’s and action figures
- Appearances by sketch artists and other comic book professionals including
Paul Castiglia, Writer/Editor, Archie Comics and Paris Cullins, Comic Book Producer and the original Blue Devil artist for DC Comics
The Getting Into Comics lecture series will feature a Shinhan Markers demonstration by Nick Mockoviak and discussions led by MultiversityComics.com about all-age comic books and the art of silver age comics.
Admission is free.
Questions or ideas? Please contact Spiro Ballas at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you can’t attend our event, please consider making a donation of comic books, graphic novels, unopened action figures, or anything related to comic books for future BHHPCC sales. All donations are tax deductible!
Comic Book creators can lend their name to our effort by appearing at a show. Our goal is to create an event where fans will have the opportunity to meet comic book creators, get autographs and/or maybe even a sketch of a favorite character.
[ top ]
Comic Books may be mailed to or dropped off at the address below.
Senior Volunteer Coordinator
Superheroes for Hospice
Barnabas Health Hospice and Palliative Care Center
95 Old Short Hills Road
West Orange, New Jersey 07052
A pick-up can also be arranged if you live or work in northern
or central New Jersey. Please contact Spiro Ballas
at 973-322-4866 or email@example.com.
- BHHPCC will provide documentation acknowledging your
donation for tax purposes
- Appraised values for comic books (based on the Overstreet Comic Book Price Guide) are usually a higher value than what you can actually get in the marketplace
- Easier than selling books individually
- The donation benefits patients and families facing advanced