You are taking an important step in becoming an active member of your healthcare team. Taking an active role and partnering with your healthcare team you are helping to get the best results and prevent medication errors.
You must have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer to open any of the document links listed above.
- Complete all the information on the form. List Everything that you take. This includes prescription medicines, over-the-counter medicines, herbal medicines and vitamins even if you take them only occasionally.
- Keep the information on the list Up-To-Date. Anytime your medications change, update the list. If you need help, ask your doctor, nurse, pharmacist or family member to help you.
- Carry your medication list with you. Place it in your wallet or purse with other identification cards such as your license or insurance card.
- Take this list to all healthcare visits. Take it when you go to the doctor for a visit or for a medical test. Take it to the hospital, to the pharmacy or any location where you will receive healthcare services.
- Be informed; learn the name of your medication, why you are taking it, how to take it, when and how long to take it and what possible side effects it may have.
- Take your medicine as prescribed and do not stop taking it without asking your doctor.
- Discuss your current medications with your pharmacist or doctor before taking any new medications (including over-the-counter medicine, vitamins and herbal supplements).
- Use one pharmacy for all your medications.
[ top ]