In the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy, Barnabas Health Burn Center seeks to insure the ongoing safety of you and your family.
When using a gasoline generator:
- Follow manufacture’s instructions.
- NEVER use a generator inside, including in the garage. Only use outside away from doors and windows.
- Keep gasoline cans away from the generator.
- Use a battery operated CO detector, to insure that fumes are not entering your home.
- NEVER plug a generator directly into outlets, and only use manufacture recommended heavy duty extension cords.
Store gas in a UL approved container.
- Secure gasoline in your trunk while transporting.
- Never smoke near any gas.
- When pouring gasoline, be careful not to spill.
If using candles:
- Place candles in sturdy metal, glass or ceramic holders.
- Keep candles at least 12 inches from anything flammable.
- Never use candles where medical oxygen is used.
- NEVER leave burning candles unattended. Extinguish candles after use and before going to bed.
For more information and updates, visit The Burn Center at Saint Barnabas at http://www.njburncenter.com/sandy-burn.html.
Date: November 5, 2012