Special Needs Ambassador Program
The RWJBarnabas Health Special Needs Ambassador Program was created to
raise awareness about development disorders and to assist individuals
with special needs and their families in navigating their hospital experience
– whether during an inpatient stay or an outpatient procedure. The
goal of the program is to support the patient and family through listening
RWJBarnabas Health special needs ambassadors receive training on the spectrum
of developmental disorders, along with strategies to assist individuals
and their families throughout their stay based on an individual plan.
They also act as patient and family advocates with health care providers
to make the accommodations necessary to make treatment less stressful.
The Special Needs Ambassador Program is currently available in the following
RWJBarnabas Health facilities:
- Clara Maass Medical Center, Belleville
- Community Medical Center, Toms River
- Jersey City Medical Center, Jersey City
- Monmouth Medical Center, Long Branch
- Saint Barnabas Medical Center, Livingston
To access a Special Needs Ambassador at one of the facilities above, please
make a request upon registration.