PGY1 Residency Program
Mission, Vision, Values
The PGY-1 Pharmacy Practice Residency program at Community Medical Center
offers opportunities for residents to strengthen and expand their clinical
knowledge, hone research and presentation skills and develop confidence
to practice as clinical pharmacists in a variety of healthcare settings.
There is one PGY1 position available at CMC. We participate in the Pharmacy
Online Residency Centralized Application Service and will be participating
in the ASHP Residency Matching Service for all classes.
Graduates of the program will develop and strengthen the following:
- Leadership and pharmacy practice management
- Time management and project coordination
- Evidence-based, patient-centered medication management with interdisciplinary teams
- Provide education to healthcare professionals and the public
- Perform pharmacy practice research
- The resident will be involved in all stages of research from project conception
to completion. They will present their findings at ASHP’s Midyear
meeting and at the Eastern States Residency conference
- Practical application of pharmacotherapy principles
PGY1 pharmacy residency programs build on Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.)
education and outcomes to contribute to the development of clinical pharmacists
responsible for medication-related care of patients with a wide range
of conditions, eligible for board certification, and eligible for postgraduate
year two (PGY2) pharmacy residency training.