What is a Patient Navigator?
The patient navigator is committed to improving the overall experience
of patients and their families. The navigator provides one-on-one assistance
to individuals as they move through the healthcare system. The primary
role of the navigator is to eliminate barriers to timely screenings, diagnosis,
and treatment for each individual.
The patient navigator will:
- Guide patients and their families navigation in the health care system
- Connect patients with community resources, support and health education
- Ascertain needs and facilitate appropriate hospital services
- Streamline patient/provider communication
- Facilitate timely delivery health care services
- Navigate patients and their families through their treatment journey for
the best possible care experience
For navigation services at Jacqueline M. Wilentz Breast Center
Erin Dooley, MSN, RN, CBEC, CN-BN