Nursing at Monmouth Medical Center
Diann Johnston, MSN, RN, NEA-BC
Vice President, Patient Care Services & Chief Nursing Officer
As Monmouth Medical Center nurses evolve and adapt into the 21st century,
we continue to strive for nursing excellence while valuing our historic
traditions. Nurses serve as leaders, aspiring for the highest level of
judgment, ethics and standards. Leadership is recognized through accountability
and accepting the responsibilities, privileges and rights within our professional practice.
- The essence of nursing is the privilege to care for others.
- Nursing is an art and a science, combining knowledge, caring ethics, and
compassion to provide holistic patient care that meets the needs of body,
soul and spirit.
- As nurses, we have a commitment to competence and skill in the practice
of our profession.
- Diversity adds to our strength.
- Collaboration enhances our practice.
- Based upon sound judgment, competence, research and ethics, adaptation
is key in our ever-changing health care environment.
- Methods of quality improvement, research and innovation refine our practice.
Professional Practice Model
2016 Nursing Annual Report (PDF)
2015 Nursing Annual Report (PDF)