LGBTQ Employee Benefits
Saint Barnabas Medical Center employees are offered a wide range of benefits
to eligible employees and covered family members including same sex spouses
and their dependents (benefits are not available to people in Civil Unions
or Domestic Partnerships).
SBMC’s employment policies/forms are inclusive of LGBTQ…same-sex
spouses, same-sex parents, birth gender, gender identity, and sexual orientation.
- Health insurance policy’s definition includes same-sex spouses.
- Same documentation is required for enrollment of same and opposite sex spouses.
- Gender Neutral bathrooms are located throughout the facility for use.
- Pride Awareness Month is celebrated at SBMC.
- LGBTQ Committee is an employee resource group open to all LGBTQ employees.
- Staff training on LGBTQ issues.
RWJBH Equal Opportunity Statement
RWJBarnabas Health is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
It is committed to the recruitment, employment and promotion of all individuals
without regard to race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, affectional
or sexual orientation, sex, genetic information, a typical hereditary
cellular or blood trait, age, national origin, marital status, pregnancy,
disability or handicapped status, gender identity or expression or for
services in the United States Armed Forces.
For more information about jobs at Saint Barnabas Medical Center and RWJBarnabas
Health, visit our